mouthwatering gluten-free side dish
Looking for a side dish which is tasty, interesting and healthy? Don’t need to look further 😉 Here comes an unusual recipe, one of my winter-favorites.
When I started eating gluten-free, one of the most challenging tasks were to find side dishes which didn’t feel like boring right away. I hated rice, the glycemic index of potato and corn-based variants were too high – I wasn’t easy to please, I know. Fortunately I found a lot of tasty alternatives in the end, and I’m going to share these recipes with you one by one. Today it’s time for a filling, sweet and spicy side dish.
It’s colorful, free from gluten and milk, low carb and contains a lot of fiber and vitamins. I just love it!
You will need:
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 red onions
- 1/4 pumpkin
- 1 beetroot
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- salt, pepper
- spices: nutmeg, thyme
Time: 40-50 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Wash and chop everything.
- Put the vegetables in a heat-resistant bowl.
- Prepare the sauce, pour it on the vegetables.
- Cover the bowl with aluminium foil and put it into the oven.
- Check it after 35-40 minutes, if it’s almost ready, uncover the bowl and put it back for another 4-5 minutes.
I don’t know what it could be called… Maybe ‘Winter colors salad a’la The Puur’? 🙂